Thank you so much for agreeing to circulate nomination papers for Alex Lasry to help get him on the ballot for the United States Senate. During the months of April and May, our campaign needs to collect at least 2,000 signatures for Alex to appear on the ballot. However, we are working to gather 4,000 signatures, the maximum allowed.
Here are some important instructions and points to keep in mind when circulating nomination papers:
- Petition signers must be “qualified electors” and reside in the district with which the candidate is seeking election. That means all signers must reside within the State of Wisconsin.
- You do not need to be registered to vote to sign the petition but rather eligible to register and vote. That generally means 18 years or older, a U.S. Citizen, has lived in Wisconsin for at least 28 days, and has not lost the right to vote due to a criminal felony conviction for which the person is currently on probation, parole, or extended supervision.
- Petition circulators must be eligible to vote in Wisconsin.
- Petition circulators must personally witness each signature, this means papers cannot be left unattended for signature collection.
- Please do not sign and date the bottom until after you have collected the signatures from the public. If the petition includes any signatures dated after your signature date, then those signatures will be invalid.
- Make sure the names and addresses are legible and that all information is filled out in its entirety. The phone number and email fields are not mandatory; all other fields are required by the Wisconsin Election Commission and the signature may not be counted if any information is incomplete
- Before handing in completed petitions, make sure you have signed and dated the bottom of the page. Please do not number the pages in the bottom right-hand corner; the campaign will enter page numbers later.
- You do not need to fill out all ten signatures on the page. If you can only get a few, that’s fine.
- You may only sign the nomination papers for one candidate for United States Senate
You may gather signatures by going door to door, circulating them at appropriate events, or on public property. If you’re on private property, you must gain the property owners’ permission before gathering signatures there.
We request that nomination papers be submitted back to us by MAY 20, 2022, in order to allow us appropriate time to process the forms before submitting them to the Wisconsin Election Commission. Please mail all completed nomination papers to us at: PO Box 511549, Milwaukee, WI 53203. If you wish do drop off nomination papers to the campaign or for us to pick them up from you – please contact our campaign at [email protected].
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our campaign. We can answer any questions about the rules and make suggestions for how to best gather signatures.